Heartscope Practical Echo training program is designed to
- To develop the hands-on skills to perform a routine adult transthoracic echocardiogram within 60 minutes
- Provide training in the theoretical aspects of echocardiography
- On completion students will be able to perform and interpret a comprehensive echocardiogram recognising commonly encountered pathology of the myocardium, valves, pericardium and great vessels
- Gain an understanding of machine controls for image optimisation
- Have an introduction to preliminary report writing incorporating relevant measurements and pathology found
|Course Duration:||Single semester course. The course runs for 22 weeks with 3 hours of training twice a week (total of six contact hours per week)|
|Minimum Entry requirements:||Hold a minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree from any recognised University or hold any other relevant undergraduate degree recognised by Australia. Successful Enrolment into DMU course prior to commencement.|
|Cost:||$13,000 (Including GST) – payable in total one week prior to commencement of the course. There is a deposit of $1,500 payable at the time of enrolment.|
|Course Contact:||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +613 9560 7558|
Terms and Conditions
- Requires you to hold a minimum of Bachelors of Science Degree from any recognised Australian University or hold any other relevant undergraduate degree recognised by Australia.
- Would need your enrolment into the DMU course prior to your formal acceptance into the Practical Echo Training Program.
- Heartscope reserves the right to refuse enrolment on any basis and refund of the deposit will be in full.
- Applicants who withdraw from the program prior to commencement will receive 80% refund of their deposit.
- Applicants who fail to make the final payment by the due date will be taken off the program and will receive 80% refund of their deposit.
- Applicants who withdraw after commencement of the program will not be entitled to a refund.
- Completion of this program does not provide formal qualification of echo skills.
Click here to download Echo Training Program Enrollment Form
The echo training program is intended for health care professionals to develop the necessary hands-on skills to perform a routine echocardiogram. No previous echo experience is necessary; however a basic knowledge of the anatomy and cardiovascular system is required. This is a traineeship program which would allow the sonographer to gain employment with the company upon completion.
The Echo Training Program is a hands-on training program held at various Heartscope Victoria sites, predominantly at Wheelers Hill. Two 3 hour sessions are provided each week over 22 weeks starting with the routine windows, views and measurements then advancing to echo calculations and an introduction to cardiac pathology. Students will also be provided with demo patients on which to practice on and gain confidence in image acquisition. The students will also be exposed to pathology via pre-recorded images on the Echopac system. Total training time is 156 hours.
Aim of the Program
At the conclusion of the program, the trainee should have sufficient skills to perform a routine adult transthoracic echo within 60 minutes. All images and measurements will be performed in accordance with ASE guidelines. Participants will gain an understanding of machine controls for image optimisation and learn the normal values relating to the adult heart. They will learn to recognise abnormal findings and have an introduction to preliminary report writing incorporating relevant measurements and pathology found. Participants will develop an understanding of their own limitations and learn to seek assistance when necessary.
Training will be conducted on the GE Vivd 7, Vivid E9 or other GE systems.
Terms and Conditions
- Completion of this program does not provide formal qualification of echo skills. Sonographers must complete an external accredited echo course such as the DMU or QUT course and obtain accreditation as a medical sonographer through ASAR in order to perform echocardiograms unsupervised.
- Heartscope Victoria reserves the right to refuse enrolment on any basis.
How to apply
Send in a copy of your resume to email@example.com